Sometimes, the kitchen can be a tricky room for window treatments—after all, having a view while you wash dishes or prep food can be lovely, so it might be tempting to avoid treating that window. Also, many kitchens have both a standard window as well as a large slider, and coordinating both treatments can seem daunting.
At F&R Interiors here in the greater Los Angeles area, we have options that can help. Read on, or speak with one of our specialists today.
Solutions From Hunter Douglas
Whatever your style or aesthetic needs, we can help. Consider some of the following ideas:
- Fabric at the window. Help frame a beautiful view with a custom-made valance mounted above the window. A splash of pattern and color can add personality to what might otherwise be a standard room. For added interest, consider having custom kitchen chair cushions made from the same fabric or color palette. Remember, fabric-based window treatments are also a great way to balance all the hard surfaces in the kitchen.
- Best of two worlds. Consider Duette® Top-Down/Bottom-Up Shades by Hunter Douglas. They can be raised and lowered from the top or bottom as needed, which lets you control light and privacy while still having a view outside.
- Add a little country. Put a custom-made scalloped valance above the sink. If you add iron hooks and embellishments including tassels and trim, you’ll really start to see that farmhouse-inspired kitchen.
- Create a soft look. Filter light with a loose-weave, soft-fabric treatment such as Silhouette® Window Shadings by Hunter Douglas. This window treatment rolls completely into the headrail for unobstructed views.
- Go with shutters. Shutters stand up well to heat and moisture, and they can add value to your home. The Palm Beach™ Polysatin Shutter from Hunter Douglas is perfect for over the kitchen sink. This shutter is constructed with UV-resistant vinyl, so they’re guaranteed never to warp, crack, fade, chip, peel, or discolor.
- Coordinate. If you’ve got a regular window and a large sliding glass door, never fear. Select the Vertiglide™ option for the sliding door and a standard shade for over the sink. Or go with Skyline® Gliding Window Panels for your sliding door and Designer roller or screen shades for your horizontal windows in coordinating fabrics. Either way, you’ll get a matching look.
Kitchen Window Treatments in the Brentwood & Sherman Oaks CA Area
At F&R Interiors, we’ve been serving the Greater Los Angeles since 1990, with a showroom at 1529 S. Robertson Blvd. We offer the full line of Hunter Douglas window treatments including blinds, shades, and shutters. We also have our own workroom, where we can create beautiful custom curtains, top treatments, pillows, and more. Our personalized service, quality products, and professional installation services ensures you’ll find the perfect window treatment solution for your home or business.
We service the Greater Los Angeles area including Brentwood, Santa Monica Sherman Oaks, Beverly Hills, Santa Monica, West Hollywood, Pacific Palisades, Malibu, Hancock Park, Los Feliz, Hollywood Hills, and San Fernando Valley, CA and surrounding areas. Contact us for more details.