Custom Fabric Roman Shades have long been a go to and compliment any room décor. Roman Shades can be raised or lowered with a unique cord system and rings sewn on the back of the fabric you select.
Not be to outdone, Hunter Douglas created Vignette Modern Roman Shades that offer unique fabrics and soft folds that offers a clean, crisp look. Each full or flat fold in the fabric is designed to create a uniform aesthetic that operates seamlessly. But best of all there are no exposed rear cords that improves window aesthetics and offers enhanced child and pet safety.
Custom Fabric hand-crafted Roman shades are available in hundreds of fabrics, colors and patterns, with or without a lining – all done in our on-site workroom. When selecting a fabric, you want to find one that folds easily and resistant to creasing. Cotton and cotton-polyester blends work well.
Custom Roman Shade Styles
These one-of-a-kind shades come in a variety of styles including:
- Classic Roman – Traditional flat folds that lies flatter than other flat shades. Works well with any fabric especially fabrics with a pattern
- Ribbed Pleat Shade – This is a a reversed knife pleat with the pockets to the font of the shade to accent each pleat. Works best with solid or textured fabrics.
- Pleated London Shade – Offers inverted pleats 6-8” in from each side. Works best with solids or textured fabrics.
- Hobbled Shade – Has a fuller look and keeps it folds even when lowered. On the back of each fold are support rods that are concealed in pockets. Not recommended for pattern fabrics.
- Relaxed Shade – Lies fat when lowered, but always has a decorative “smile” like appearance at the bottom. Works will with most fabrics.
- Knife Pleat Shade – Has doweled pockets on the back which supports rods and form a decorative seam on the font of the shade. Works best with textured or solid fabrics.
Whichever Fabric Roman Shade style you select, F&R Interiors will create the beautiful shade you have dreamed of.
Custom Roman Shades in Santa Monica and Beverly Hills CA Areas
We have the right blind, shade, and shutter for your home. Our design consultants are here to help you bring your design vision to life. We also offer window covering motorization, bedding, upholstery, and more.
Contact us today to get started or for more information on our custom Hunter Douglas blinds, shades, shutters, and home décor services. We offer free in-home consultations and after-hours appointments too.
We Are in the Vicinity
We service homeowners and businesses throughout Los Angeles and San Fernando Valley, including Beverly Hills, Brentwood, Los Feliz, Malibu, Santa Monica, Hancock Park, West Hollywood, Studio City, Sherman Oaks, and surrounding areas.